Hair Loss Part Two
Tips for coping with hair loss & other hair care tips:
1. I found it helpful to acknowledge the fact that I was upset about losing my hair. Letting emotions build up inside is never a good thing. Cry it out. Get angry. It will help you move forward.
2. Thick head bands are wonderful to help camouflage thinning in the font sections of your hair.
3. Personally I changed my haircut style. Before I lost hair I had long layers and a simple face frame. Now my hair is slightly shorter with more layers and bangs. Changing my hair style did give me more confidence.
4. When my hair loss was extreme I began looking at wigs and hair extensions. I felt better knowing I had options.
5. I use Thickening Hair Lifter by Not Your Mother’s some times when I go out.
6. Dry shampoo is a sick girls best friend! If you cannot wash you hair or need a boost of volume it does wonders. I use Suave Professional dry shampoo.
7. Don’t kill your hair! If your hair is thinning or falling out do not use hot tools (blow dryer, straighter, or curling iron) everyday. It will do more damage. If you must use hot tools limit how often you use them. I would recommend no more then three times a week. Use heat protection before using any hot tool. Protecting your hair is important. I use the Suave heat protection.
8. I use a hair mask every other week. (This is especially good if you use hot tools) The Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco is amazing. One jar typically last me a year and a half. There are tons of DIY hair masks as well.
9. Find a cute new up do that works with your new hair.
10. Do not wash your hair everyday. It can damage it.
My brain fog is kicking in so that’s all my tips for now. Hopefully I will have more for you in the future. Please share your hair loss tips and how it has effected you in the comments!
Sending spoons, hugs, & prayers ❤